How to Treat Termites: Termites are a big problem in Florida as many subterranean termites live in Florida. Termite infestations and termite prevention can be challenging problems. If you or your loved one is concerned about a possible termite infestation, then this article can help you look for signs and give you advice on how to handle unwanted guests in your home and on your property. Be sure to reach out to our East Coast Pest Control team for a free termite inspection today.
Prevent Termite Infestation
In Florida, termites cause more destruction than many natural disasters. Termites are destructive pests that leave telltale signs that they have been there. A key challenge of every home and business owner is how to prevent termites. The first way to tell is to look around your house or business for damaged wood or hollow sounding wood. Seeing termite damage and wood debris are another key indicators of a termite activity. Look for mud tubes. A mud tube is used by subterranean termites as they travel between their nest and a food source. Mud tubes protect the termites from predators and the dryness. To best prevent or treat termite infestations is to know what you are dealing with. Florida is home to many different types of termites, such as subterranean termites and drywood termites.
- Drywood termites: Drywood termites live, as their name suggests, in dry wood. This type of termites love wood structures, old tree stumps, door frames, crawl spaces, wood compost piles and other word structures in and around your house.
- Subterranean termites: Out of all the different types of termites, subterranean termites cause the most problems. Subterranean termites, as the name implies, live underground. These types of termites can have a nest as large as an acre under your house foundation or business foundation. They love moist, wet environments and will often use mud tubes to venture out to find food.
Call 954-471-3896 Today for Termite Treatment
Termite prevention is an important part of protecting homes and businesses from termite infestations. Homeowners and business owners can call us to perform regular termite inspections. Regular termite inspections can help prevent termite infestation and can help prevent termite activity in and around your home or business. Prevention is a good way to help prevent costly termite damage and termite treatment. Contact us today for an inspection of your home or business.
Need Termite Treatments? – Contact Us Today
How to Treat Termites in Florida
Termites, including subterranean termites, are a common problem for homeowners and business owners in Florida due to the warm and humid climate, but there are several termite treatments that are effective. Everyone wants to get rid of termites. Here are some options for termite control and to get rid of termites.
- Chemical treatments: One of the most effective methods of termite control is by using chemicals. There are many types of termiticides, and termite insecticides, available, including liquid termiticides and boric acid, that are applied to the soil around the home, and termite bait that is placed in strategic locations, including around the foundation. It’s best to consult with a professional pest control company for chemical treatments.
- Heat treatments: Another option pest control services use for termite control is the use of heat to kill termites. This involves using specialized equipment to heat the affected area to a temperature that is lethal to the existing termites. This method can be effective, but it can also be expensive.
- Fumigation: Fumigation is another option pest control services use for termite control. This involves sealing the home and releasing a gas that kills the termites. This method can be effective but it can also be expensive and requires residents to vacate the property for a period of time.
- Natural treatments: Some people prefer to use natural treatments for termite control, such as orange oil or neem oil. These treatments may be less effective than chemical treatments, but they are often less toxic and more environmentally friendly.
It’s important to note that treating termites can be a complex and time-consuming process. It’s best to consult with a professional pest control company that is experienced in termite treatment to ensure the most effective treatment plan for your specific situation.
Think You Have Subterranean termites? – Contact Us
What to Do if You Think You Have a Termite Infestation
Call us today for a free termite inspection and to learn about all of the services we offer. We know there are many pest control companies, and here at East Coast Pest Control all of our technicians are highly trained in the most up-to-date termite treatment plans and options. If there is a termite infestation, we will provide a free quote and options to limit any termite damage. We can provide options on how to prevent termites, how to identify the type of termite, and effective treatment plans to get rid of termites. We look forward to helping you with termite prevention, termite treatment, and other pest control needs.
We Provide Wood Treatments and Bait Systems, Click Here
East Coast Pet Control has provided pest removal and treatment services to Fort Lauderdale and surrounding areas for over 40 years. We offer highly effective treatment options for any residential or commercial building. Don’t let ants, rodents, or other pests bring you down. Call (954) 471-3896 for a free estimate, in which we identify the root pest problem, and provide treatment options that best fit your needs.